Jeremy Kay – Founder
After receiving his degree in Environmental Design from the University of Colorado in 2003, Jeremy began his career as a designer for Communication Arts in Boulder, Colorado. During his time there he was involved in multiple large scale entertainment and retail oriented projects located around the world and learned the value of blending the disciplines of architecture, graphic design and placemaking to create truly unique projects. In 2007 he helped open the new Boulder, CO office for LRK Architects and worked as a senior designer on several retail and resort projects throughout North America.
Jeremy opened studioJDK in the fall of 2010. The studio’s focus is two-fold:
1. To produce innovative and forward thinking design strategies that draw from architecture, environmental branding, graphic design and research that ultimately lead to differentiated, meaningful and engaging spaces.
2. To utilize highly effective 2D and 3D visual communication skills to help tell stories, communicate ideas and sell projects.
- Stampede Trail, Calgary, Alberta
- SanTan Village, Gilbert, AZ
- Simi Valley Town Center, Simi Valley, CA
- Sharks Arena, San Jose, CA
- CornerStar, Aurora, CO
- Metropolitan Gardens, Denver, CO
- South Waterfront District, Portland, OR
- Crocker Park, Westlake, OH
- Miami International Airport, Miami, FL
- Millennium Dome Plaza, UK
- Sheridan Ridge Private Reserve, Marion, VA
- St Andrews at Historic Hyde Park, Hyde Park, NY
- iBank, Memphis, TN
- BioWillie gas stations
- Mainstreet, Las Vegas, NV
- Paul Anne Baptist Church, San Angelo, TX
- Exploratorium, San Fransisco, CA
- Flamingo Crossings, FL
- Living City Block, Denver, CO
- Sterling Rice Group
- Trimble SketchUp
- Oz Architects
- Rocky Mountain Institute
- 505 Design
- LRK, Inc.
- Carney Logan Burke Architects
- 4240 Architecture
- The Davies Collaborative
- Street Lights Residential
- Miller Valentine Group
- University of Colorado, Boulder
- The Beach Company
- Newland Communities
Ted Vitale – Director of Visualization
Ted earned both his Bachelor of Fine Arts and Masters of Architecture from the Savannah College of Art and Design in 2008 and 2009 and Joined the Fossil Watch International Store design team in 2010. Shortly thereafter, he joined Good Fulton and Farrell Architects as a Project Coordinator on their Retail design team working on The Container Store and other retail design projects around the country.
From GFF Ted moved to join the Chaos Group team as the Product Development Manager for V-Ray for SketchUp. Where he helped navigate the design, development, and execution of new V-Ray 3 for SketchUp.
With an intimate knowledge of V-Ray and other industry standard approaches to 3D Visualization, he helps studioJDK take steps into new, creative directions.
Austin Peppel – Technical Artist + Designer
Austin is a Technical Artist with StudioJDK and bridges the gap between artists and programmers. With his diverse experience in the Visualization Pipeline, his development and implementation of 3d environments leads the studios efforts in immersive walkthroughs, panoramas and VR offerings. He is also well versed in Digital Fabrication, having built his very own 3d printers.